Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Alining cartridges

HP Recommended
hp psc 2175

New straight out of the box  inserted cartridges  message comes up to press enter to align cartridges.   pressing enter enter gives a busy message then returns to  "press enter to align cartridges"  I can't get past that message .  Have tried reinstalling cartridges one at a time after unpluging printer.  Nothing seems to help.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 215
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP community @jtmr2,

I understand your HP PSC 2175 is stuck in a loop with the message "press enter to align cartridges". I will be happy to help.

I found a solution to this issue posted by the forum member IrishSalty. 

Press and hold the button marked "Setup" on the printer, and while holding this button press the button marked "Options" (or "Copy Options" on some models).  This should bypass the align cartridges screen.

Let me know if this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It did get past the align cartridges However it is now stuck at  "copy 100% and will not not move. I 've tried pushing all the buttons.  thanks   any other ideas??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 215
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jtmr2,

Try a hard reset to see if that will clear the message.

How to perform a Hard Reset

Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer.  Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.
If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.
After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet ( not a surge protector or battery backup ).
Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
The printer should automatically power back up.  If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.
Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.
Connect any other needed cables to the printer

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I will give up on this, have tried everything you suggest , still comes up no paper. 

I thank you for your help

Eileen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,728 1,679 114 215
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @46eileen,

Before you give up completely, I will recommend you contact HP Phone support for further assistance. With the HP Phone support you can get real time, hands on support.

Contact HP:
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

I hope this helps.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I will thanks again
EILEEN
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The message i got from support was that this product was no longer supported????   Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation