cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

All black and no image when trying to scan

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart C4480 All-In-One series and when trying to scan, the scanning noise comes on but in the preview , only a black image appears instead of a document.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
3,962 3,880 591 654
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey paulac,

I see you are having a scan issue with your C4480 Photosmart.  Do you have the printer plugged into a direct wall outlet?

If not, then I would advise plugging the printer into a direct wall outlet.  This will make sure the printer is getting adequate power and regular voltage enough to power the scanner element.  

As well, please take a look at the information in the document found here.  The document covers troubleshooting scan/copy image quality issues.

Let me know how it goes,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation