Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (629 Views)

Annoying drivers pop up window

I received the following message while working on my computer: "Hewlett-Parkard Printer Driver HPZid412/HPZius12) has stopped working properly". I went to the HP site, which instructed me to install the update driver. I did so. Now every time I boot up the computer as soon as the desk top appears a window automatically pops up. The window title bar is "Common folder" and the window has a folder icon titled "drivers". When I open the folder and files they are for the hp printer. The curious thing is that I was not having any problems using the printer either before I got the error message or after I installed the recommended update. It is operating fine. However, having this window pop up every time is a nuisance. My question is: How do I stop the pop up of this window showing the common dirve? I have the Microsoft Windows xp Home Edition operating system. Thank you for any direction you can give me.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (601 Views)

Re: Annoying drivers pop up window

I have exactly the same problem.  This happened as soon as I had installed drivers for the HP 6110 as well as the existing HP 5500.  I have followed the standard procedures to stop this pop-up, but to no avail 5th. November

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (593 Views)

Thank you for your reply. As you have probably noted, I have received no other replies. If I finally get some direction on this pop-up problem, I will post it on this support form.

Student
Message 4 of 4 (219 Views)

Please help as this is very annoying.  Thank You

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation