Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I receive the following message all the time on my laptop when either my printer is off or I am away from the printer.  It is information I neither want nor care about.  Any idea on how I can delete the message and its source? 

"HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer ... Unable to communicate with the network device.  If you installed this printer by IP address, then you might need to update the IP address"

The messagae pops in from the lower right hand side of my screen

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi colin617,

Did you install any HP printer software? If yes delete it and the message will be gone :generic: if you use the software for scanning or others then search on the software for turning the notification on,
Windows doesn't show this message for me (I use Windows 7 and 10 also used Windows 8,1 before Windows 10.)
Hope this helps :OpenSmile:

Friendly Regards,
Yoloserver

HP Recommended

I deleted the old s/w for Envy 7640 and then downloaded current software from HP web.  (I still need to use the printer).  Now I get a message that says "no digital faxes available'  and underneat that "FaxApplications"

In other words, I have the same problem??

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can't you just add the printer to Windows?

You will probably need a driver then or most of the times you don't need it.

Are you only printing with it?

I also have a Brother and a HP, My HP isn't linked to my PC becouse i don't use the printer that often and the Brother is just a black/white laser printer.
I needed to install the driver and no other softwares.
My dad uses the color HP inkjet printer and he has installed the software for it, My laptop also has acces to the printer for printing and doesn't have the HP software so I think it's possible.

Try uninstalling the HP software and installing the 'Basic Driver'

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/mo...
Hope this helps 😄

Friendly Regards,
Yoloserver

HP Recommended

No Joy.  I uninstalled the HP s/w, restarted my computer, installed basic only.  But the same message appears.  Thank you for giving me ideas to try. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.