Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (4,203 Views)

Aol won't print

I just installed a C4450 on a desk top running XP service pak 3 and AOL 9.0. I can't print any thing on AOL. Every thing else prints - word , notepad ,ect.

Any Ideas ?

Student
Message 2 of 4 (4,025 Views)

Re: Aol won't print

It isn't your printer, I have the same problem with the new Canon multifuction I just bought.Word,notebook,Openofice and everything prints fine,but AOL is boloxed. You can copy and paste wheat you want from AOL (email,ect) to your paticular office program and then print, which is a pain to do all the time OR you can install a copy of AOL 70 on your comp and use that for AOL print jobs.That's what I did. I haven't tried it with AOL 80 yet since I don't have the disk, but that may work to. I think it might be all the useless updates and security trash AOL forces on you that messed up AOL 90.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (4,013 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I got so fed up with the printer I returned it and bought a lexmark X6650. The ink is more expensive but it does so much more and now it prints everthing.   Once again Thanks
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,907 Views)

Lately, when I want to print an email and click on the print icon, nothing happens. No screen clomes up to select my printer. I don't think this is a printer problem. It used to work (I'd click on the printer icon and a screen came up that allowed me to proceed to the printer selection, then click print, and the selected email would print. Doesn't happen now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation