cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rakman
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Asking for CD with PDL_COMMON on install of software for HP Officejet 4315

I have an HP Pavilion 1540n running Windows XP SP3.  I'm trying to install software for an HP Officejet 4315 as downloaded from HP's web site.  The install has paused and it is asking me for a CD labeled PDL_COMMON.  I have no such CD, and the downloaded software doesn't appear to have any such folder or file.  Now what?

Thanks, Rakman

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
rakman
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just found a second dialogue box that seems to be waiting for a file named "hpo43003.gpd" on that supposed CD named "PDL_COMMON" that doesn't exist.  The file is no where on my hard drive, including in the temp file from the HP downloaded software for this device.

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 575
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

rakman, I would recommend a full uninstallation of the product from Programs and Features, as well as deleting any copies of the printer from the Device Manager or Printers and Faxes.

Then click on START and click RUN. Type "%temp%" and press ENTER. This will open your temporary folder, clear all files here that are possible - some cannot be deleted but most should be able to be.

Then follow the link here :

http://goo.gl/ef1Ay

And install your printer software.

Let me know how things go!
rakman
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That was it, Neonskeleton!  Thanks for the solution.  I should have deleted all those Temp files anyway, a long time ago - and delete them periodically on a go-forward basis.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation