cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At the end of my tether trying to print a photograph

Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help please!  My Envy 5530 printer just wont print photos. I have looked on other forum threads and on the internet but havent found a resolution.  Has anyone managed to sort this issue and how?  I am at the stage where I want to bin the printer and get another one from a different manufacturer  Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 593
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelpany1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems printing photos with your HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos. 

In order for me to assist you better. I may require more information.

• Why happens when you try to print a photo? 
  • Do you get any error messages? 
  • Are you printing the photo from your computer or from another device?

TIP: When printing photos, remove all of the paper from the paper tray and load the photo paper into the input tray. Follow the steps within this guide below. 

If you're printing other types of photos see these guides:

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to print a photo it produces black smudge lines on the photo paper.
No error messages
I have tried printing from my iPad and from my PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 593
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @needhelpany1,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Black lines can be caused by a number of different issues like selecting the incorrect paper, loading the paper wrong, using the wrong print driver or there could be print quality issue.

What paper type and size are you printing on?

• If you're not using HP branded paper, do not select HP paper in the print settings.

Check for hardware related issues by using this guide:

If the print quality is not satisfactory, there is likely an issue with the ink cartridge or printhead,

If you have a defective ink cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty. To check the warranty on your ink supplies, go to hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies, select your country/region, and then review the limited warranty information for your supplies.

If the cartridge is out of warranty you could try the steps in the video below. Please use at your own discretion.

If the print quality is great on the test report, continue on.

Check print driver:
Confirm that the printer is using the correct print driver: Please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor.

• What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor (did it print or scan, any error messages)?

Load small-size paper:

1. Pull out the paper tray, slide the paper-width guides outward, and then remove any previously loaded media.

2. Load paper.

Insert a stack of photo paper into the paper tray with the short edge forward and the print side down.

● Slide the photo paper forward until it stops.

● Slide the paper-width guides inward until they stop at the edges of the paper.

● Push the paper tray back in, and then open the paper tray extender

Source

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear.

Please respond to this post with the results.Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation