cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
115 98 1 16
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Attn: CEO Meg Whitman ( HP Executive Offices) RE :HP PC/Printer Group. Streamline/Improvements!

HP Recommended

Now that Meg Whitman has been at the helm for sometime now I was hoping that HP Personal Systems Group (PC/Printers) would streamline product range, drop low priced units, and focus on middle and upper tier products, improve hardware quality, and customer service. 

When do you think we will start seeing these changes in earnest? 

Meg..if you are reading this (or one of the Executive Office Personnel) I hope that the changes will become visible soon. HP has so much promise it would be unfortunate not to fulfil the potential. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is interesting that the company insiders want to drop the lower priced printing solutions.  Why not just team up with Kinko's for a better product since the real cost is the ink.  If you have a Fedex account, you can send files for printing to certain centers, and there are PostMan Plus centers who will print and mail your production if you have it set up correctly.  I think there is potential also with the US Postal Service, to initiate a localized printing service for those last-minute birthday and special occaision cards by electronic mail to a USPS service center so you won't be late because it is sent from the zip code of your intended recipient.  However, there are millions of us home users who invested in multiple HP printing products, as our budget allowed, and we are frustrated by the changes in cartridge availability when the printer flavor of the year is not supported.  To confound us, you manufacturers seem to put codes that insist on fresh official HP cartridges to be installed on the threat of a shutdown.  That is unethical, as you don't advertise you will cut the usability of the printer when you sell it to us.  I want a printer at home for the little jobs, and your ink cartridges shouldn't have an end-of-life termination, nor a code that rejects refilled ink cartridges if you no longer make them.  How about a release code that makes the older printer useable for us regular citizens?  If we have a large job, we'll go to the professional printers, but really, you want to stop producing for the average Joe?  Bad Form, and I hope Meg Whitman makes it clear that the home user has some support from HP.  I say, reeducate the public on the true nature of inks, and help the masses make the right decision - to print it at home or at a large commercial center.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
115 98 1 16
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ohernova:

I hear you I also agree that HP must become a more customer friendly company as well. But that can be done if they reduce the complexity of the range of products, there are simply too many confusing combinations in  their product catalog. I am amazed that their customer support can actually effectively help customers with issues in any meaningful way.

I agree that with older printers they should open to alternative solutions, because while that customer might not be in the market for a new printer at that time they will be in the future and what a better way than to offer up good faith solutions for those customers. What they are doing now turns customers that are not buying right now OFF to HP for ever.

I wish this thread would not have been moved to printing. It should have stayed in the YOUR VOICE section.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here to say bad form HP! Lying and cheating customers by creating fault products! Your products are like walmarts. Made to bust and turn to dust. Stuff to end up in the dumps, poluting our home. Last product I will ever buy from you HP (office jet pro 8500). 

PS: Hey isnt your company near the so called bible belt of America. Where is your honesty? Is this what Christ would do?? 

I wonder!!

0 Kudos
Tags (3)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation