cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pjohnpope
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

B110a scan - no "Save icon"

logged into 110a using Chrome and  printer's  IP address.  Select scan options, and a preview of the scan duly appears.

If I scan as PDF then the "Status" (shown in red) reads:

Scan Done

Click the Save icon to save the scan on your computer

BUT there is no "Save icon" anywhere I can see.

If I scan as JPEG then the Status reads

Scan Done

Right-click the image to save the scan on your computer.

When I do this it appears to work, but in fact creates an empty file of zero size.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
jagjpc
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same problem here, where is this hidden save icon supposed to be?

0 Kudos
tomek
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Window with scanned text is from Adobe Acrobat Reader and depends on version of Reader.

Just click into small window with scanned page and press CTRL+SHIFT+S to save pdf file.

Jan Tomek

Logician
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Saving Scan image with right click works only with Internet Explorer. If you user Chrome or Firefox, the saved image is 0 bytes and can't be openned. FYI.

0 Kudos
ash0573
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using IE 10 on Windows 8 and it does nto work either.

List of gripes:

1.) no support

2.) no "detailed" instructions I.E. Scan to Email for different providers: Exchange 2007/2010/2013, Hotmail/Live, Gmail, etc. They just say "log on to printer via IP and go to Scan to EMail Settings..." Really Captain Obvious, really?

3.) No patch, firmware, updates that keep up with current operating systems.

In short it is frustrating to buy a printer and use it for 1 year and find out that I have to buy another one to get it to do what I bought the previous one for.

Arg...

THanks for the vent HP. 

0 Kudos
6005C
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to use the scroll bars in image preview to scroll to the lower right part of the image. If you put your mouse on the lower right part of the preview, the standard Chrome pdf bar will appear and you can save then.

HP needs to fix the image preview window's compatibility with Chrome.

0 Kudos
kiwijohn123
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes this helped me. I am using Mac so was able to right click on the window and open in preview. From preview I can save where I want.

thanks, John

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation