Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

BLACK VERTICAL LINE when scanning with hp laserjet 200

HP Recommended

When scanning or copying with feeder using LaserJet Pro 200 MFP a black line aooears in the middle of the page.

Any iseas how to solve it.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,141 1,139 79 206
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your getting the vertical line because some debri or dust on the scanner glass, please watch this general video on how to resolve this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGn7FJvH8sE

Note: This video is of a different printer but the ADF mech is the same as of pro M200.

Hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have watched the video and cleaned the glass thoroughly and STILL get a black line. Help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,141 1,139 79 206
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have the line copying from ADF only or from the flat bed too?

also have you tried a self test page, is that page fine?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ADF only. I printed the test page to locate the are where the debris should be and scratched although I couldn't see anything, wiped it all down again, still a line. The flatbed scans and copies without the line. (Maybe in the feeder?)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,141 1,139 79 206
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How about the white plastic backing any dot or dirt on it?

yes you can open the ADF and try to clean the rollers and the ADF area

Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great advice.

In my case, there were a couple black specs on the white plastic rollers. I removed one roller from its seating to clean it properly, however replacing it was a challenge. It is held in place by a small coil spring that runs through the roller and fits into slots at each end. Firstly, to counter-act the forces of gravity, you need to be above the mechansim. This means placing the printer on its rear side on the floor, so that the entire hinged feeder panel will be horizontal/resting on the floor. Next, getting that tiny little spring to clip into the slots took a little work, but it all ended well. The lines are now gone.

Important to remember you are dealing with very small parts and lots of plastic components. It is easy to lose and break things. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation