cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JimAttrill
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black block's in PDF files

HP Recommended
ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On Sunday I bought a HP ENVY 4500 all-in-one printer.  

Since then the statements for my Visa Card and other ANZ Bank accounts PDF printouts feature wide black blockout stripes wherever they have used a shaded text box.    This makes it resemble a censored or redacted document released reluctantly for FOI.  This occurs only with ANZ Bank PDFs (so far) but other services I have tried  seem to print full WYSIWYG copies.

Can you help me? 

Regards

Jim Attrill

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,642
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JimAttrill,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues printing PDF documents. The PDF printouts feature wide black block out stripes wherever they have used a shaded text box. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Try printing the PDF document as an image to see if that will help, Print PDF as an image.

What web browser are you using?

Try another browser if you are still having issues.

Let me know the outcome. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
JimAttrill
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Gemini02

Thanks for your assistance.  

1.  Print as Image printed a perfect copy.

2.  I generally use Chrome as the browser but this problem also showed when printing from Foxit Reader.  I also have MS Edge and that opens the document in Foxit Reader and still does the same thing.
3.  Print as Image worked but plain print brought back the black blocks.

So the issue still exists but you have showed me a work around.  Is that half a solution?

Thanks again and hope to hear more soon,

Jim Attrill

0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,642
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know @JimAttrill.

You can try the following to see if it may help:

Reset your Google Chrome browser settings:

1.  In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
  2.  Select Settings.
  3.  At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4.  Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5.  In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Source: Reset Chrome browser settings.

@Bob_Headrick suggested trying the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It should help resolve this issue.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation