Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

The black ink does not print.  The other three color do.  I have installed two different new black ink cartridges.  I have run both level 1 and level 2 clean the cartridge.  Still no black.  Every time I install a new black cartridge the same thing happens.  I run the clean cartridge levels 1 and 2  4-5 times before it works.  All this time it is using the color ink to print the report. Who can help?  What else should I do?  The printer is only 2 years old.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you're experincing some problem on your printer when installing black ink cartridge . 

But here are some tips to help your issue be resolved . If automated tool cleaning or what we call printer cleaning system doesn't help to resolve the issue , try removing the cartridge that you are having a problem with . Get some q tip or lint free cloth . Damp it with a small amount of water and then look for the electrical contacts where the inks are coming out .

Wipe it gently and then wipe it again with a dry q tip or lint free cloth and then install it back and then try printing again . If the issue was not yet resolved tell me right away .

I work in behalf oh HP and I speak for my self ☺

HP SUPPORT AGENT
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but it still does not print black.  I had thought of your solution before but I was going to use alcohol!!!!  I have messed with this for 3 days and I am about ready to throw it out and go get another one -- but I just changed all the color cartridges and they are new -- and of course, I bet they would not fit another one -- even one just like this.  Is there something I could from the bottom of the printer -- it is like it is clogged up but after following  your suggestion, it must not be from the top.  Is there another spot where the ink comes out on the bottom --at least one that I could get to if I take this thing apart?????

HP Recommended

I have this same problem, which started after we moved house.  I have run all the diagnostics, cleaned the print head, etc. - no black.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.