cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SandyKS
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black ink does not print -- other colors do.

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

The black ink does not print.  The other three color do.  I have installed two different new black ink cartridges.  I have run both level 1 and level 2 clean the cartridge.  Still no black.  Every time I install a new black cartridge the same thing happens.  I run the clean cartridge levels 1 and 2  4-5 times before it works.  All this time it is using the color ink to print the report. Who can help?  What else should I do?  The printer is only 2 years old.

3 REPLIES 3
Ailah
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you're experincing some problem on your printer when installing black ink cartridge . 

But here are some tips to help your issue be resolved . If automated tool cleaning or what we call printer cleaning system doesn't help to resolve the issue , try removing the cartridge that you are having a problem with . Get some q tip or lint free cloth . Damp it with a small amount of water and then look for the electrical contacts where the inks are coming out .

Wipe it gently and then wipe it again with a dry q tip or lint free cloth and then install it back and then try printing again . If the issue was not yet resolved tell me right away .

I work in behalf oh HP and I speak for my self ☺

HP SUPPORT AGENT
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SandyKS
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but it still does not print black.  I had thought of your solution before but I was going to use alcohol!!!!  I have messed with this for 3 days and I am about ready to throw it out and go get another one -- but I just changed all the color cartridges and they are new -- and of course, I bet they would not fit another one -- even one just like this.  Is there something I could from the bottom of the printer -- it is like it is clogged up but after following  your suggestion, it must not be from the top.  Is there another spot where the ink comes out on the bottom --at least one that I could get to if I take this thing apart?????

jhbiz
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same problem, which started after we moved house.  I have run all the diagnostics, cleaned the print head, etc. - no black.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation