Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 15 (840 Views)
Accepted Solution

Black ink only

How do I set printer to print black ink only - no colour. Alternatively where would I click to set it to colour when need? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Black ink only

Sorry for jumping a little ahead ... assuming that you are trying to print through Chrome browser in a MAC, did you try to press 'Ctrl' + 'P' buttons to activate the print menu which allows you to select the between color vs black?

Source.

Print Dialog

Also, please try a few different websites to establish if the non-availability of "Black and White" option is website url dependent.

View solution in context
PhD Student
Message 2 of 15 (835 Views)

Can you give us some more information?  What printer?  Are you wanting to print from a computer or are you just trying to copy from your control panel. 

Read this thread for some help on the kind of information we need to help you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094/...

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Message 3 of 15 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]

HI - When I print from  my MAC computer it prints in colour - how do I change the settings to print in black only - and as well how would I change to colour should I need this application?

My printer is a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600  Product # CM749A  Model # N911a

Serial[edit by moderator]

Thanks

Cheryl

Teacher
Message 4 of 15 (818 Views)

On your MAC, are you able to navigate to this menu for your printing option?

Source.

I work for HP. My posts represent my suggestions/opinions and not HP.
Please give me a + or Kudos if you found my posts helpful. Thank you Smiley Happy
Top Student
Message 5 of 15 (804 Views)

The box you sent looks like that and I know how to navigate the black and colour, but when I am in Chrome it is something different and this is where I am having the issue as can't find the drop down that says black or colour. Thanks.

Cheryl

Teacher
Message 6 of 15 (794 Views)

Hello Cheryl, So the problem you are encountering is limited to Chrome OS environment or when trying to print from Chrome browser in a MAC OS environment? Thanks Smiley Happy

Please give me a + or Kudos if you found my posts helpful. Thank you Smiley Happy
Top Student
Message 7 of 15 (779 Views)

Yes, that is correct.

Cheryl

Teacher
Message 8 of 15 (777 Views)

Sorry, could you clarify if the problem that you are seeing is confined to the Chrome Browser from a MAC OS computer?

If yes, do you face the same problem when using a different Browser?

Teacher
Message 9 of 15 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry for jumping a little ahead ... assuming that you are trying to print through Chrome browser in a MAC, did you try to press 'Ctrl' + 'P' buttons to activate the print menu which allows you to select the between color vs black?

Source.

Print Dialog

Also, please try a few different websites to establish if the non-availability of "Black and White" option is website url dependent.

Top Student
Message 10 of 15 (758 Views)

Yes, only with the Chrome Browser.

Cheryl

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation