Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP7F40B9 HP Officejet 6500 E7n
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer prints colors but won't print black.  Installed new HP black ink and still doesn't print.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sargon2

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer does not print the black color and is able to print all other colors. You have installed a new black cartridge and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any hardware changes happen on the printer recently (like a paper jam, carriage jam, etc.)?
  • is the printer able to copy in black?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

I suggest you to perform steps from "Step 7" to "Step 15" from this link. These steps normally help in fixing print quality related issues. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.