cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bboyer
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black lines

HP Recommended
Pro 8610

When i copy or scan almost half of the page is blacked out by lines.  It does on both the ADF and flatbed.  I have tried resettting it and cleaned the glass and feeder bars and still no change.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,648
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bboyer,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that when scanning, you are getting lines on the page.
I will certainly do my best to help you.If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

The scanner mechanism bulb might not turn on when trying to scan or copy.
There are two main causes for this issue: It could be the scanner bulb temperature is too low or there is an internal or external electrical malfunction.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a powered hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Check if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

Do you have the same results when making a copy?

Here is a document for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One and Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Series - Vertical Bands,... I believe you have pretty much tried all the steps.

Update the printer's firmware, HP Officejet Pro 8610/8615/8616 e-All-in-One Printer Firmware Update. Select your operating system.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
bboyer
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes it is plugged directly into the wall, yes the light glows, yes it moves freely, and yes I'm still getting the same result!
0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,648
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @bboyer.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please keep me posted.Thank you.
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation