Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Aujanbassam wrote:
Mine is still not printing.

Hi @Aujanbassam 

Is the printer still within warranty?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

this didn't fix my problem and our printer isn't under warranty. we are just going to get a new printer and it will deffinately not be a hp this time 😞

HP Recommended
My HP photosmart all in one 6510 which is 2 months out of warranty, which i have recently bought new HP cartridges for, now won't print black (other colours fine).
If have spent hours and hours trying to fix this, following all the advice on this forum - believe me, I have tried everything. Nothing has worked, and now I am stuck with a relatively new ( but useless) printer that cost 120 euros, new cartridges, 50 euros and a very negative attitude towards HP products.
The really frustrating thing is that with one of the diagnostic tests I've done via the printer or computer, I can see small, neat black bars. All the other tests I've run show no black.
As it is 2 months out of warranty, do I really have no other choice, but throw it away?

DisappointedTim
Ps how do I contact a real person at HP (rather than ranting on a forum, consisting mostly of people just as disappointed as me!)
HP Recommended

Hi @DisappointedTim 

I'm going to private message you on this.

Ciara

HP Recommended

Ciara: Can you provide me with the same info as DisappointedTim?  I have the exact same issue, starting just today.  Photosmart 6515 AIO, barely out of warranty.  The black print was dim or missing, so I replaced all 4 cartridges.  The black is still extremely faded, and maybe getting worse.  The other colors are OK.  Have tried everything in this forum, to no avail. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Brent, I'm going to private message you on this.

Ciara

HP Recommended

I too have tried everything listed and nothing worked. My Hp Officejet 4620 is only two weeks out of warranty! I started to print a letter and the black just faded away, so I put a new black cartridge in. When that didn't work i thought maybe I accidentally put the old one back in and threw the new one out, so I put another new one in. It still does not work. I've cleaned the print head so many times that the color cartidges are now half gone. I bought this thing because my old hp scanner and the separate hp print I had were having driver conflicts and now I have another piece of junk. I will never buy another hp product, unless of course HP is will to help me fix this problem. I feel as if I have wasted hundreds of dollars, ink, and time. 

HP Recommended

I have a 7520 with the black printer head issues others are reporting.  It also just a few months out of warranty when this occured.  Whatever private message Ciara was sending would be helpful to me also.  I really don't want to buy a new printer when this is is virtually new.  Please help.

HP Recommended

RE HP 6520.  Printer is 3 weeks out of warranty.  Black prinitng failed upon replacing low ink cartridge with original HP cartridge.  Have successfully replaced black cartridges previously.  Completed recommended troubleshooting steps and diognostics.  Tried two different original HP black cartridges.  Upon inspection, the nozzle screen is clean on the black cartridge, inked on the other cartridges.  It appears the black nozzle is not charging.  Thus ink is not drawing from the black cartridge.  Is this indicative of a nozzle chip failure?

HP Recommended

Our printer is almost new.  This is the first time changing the ink cartridges.  The set up cartridges worked fine but now after installing the new HP cartridges we have no black printing.  The new box came with the XL black.  Could this be the problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.