cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 988
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Black streak on a scan/copy (Office Jet 8600.)

HP Recommended

Hello,

I will be making a quick tutorial on how to resolve the black streaks on a scan or copy issue.

This issue could be due to the scan calibration issue during power on.

Now, this can easily be resolved by one step. This step is a hard reset with the printer. 

Hard Reset:

Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer, and then from the wall. After this please take out the ink cartridges. Once you unplug both, wait 30 sec then plug it back into the printer first and then the wall. 

This tends to resolve the streaks on a copy/scan issue that happens after start up. 

I would suggest cleaning the scanner glass also with a cloth and glass cleaner. You can follow this document which will give you some more steps on how to clean the scanner glass.

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.
I really appreciate it!

I hope this helps. 

THX

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 988
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope this is helpful.

THX

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation