Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
martxw Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 11 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Blinking Lights and error message Error:0x887dd03a

Thank you @andreashabl - FINALLY a solution that works. Much kudos!

It did take a little working out how to exactly do what you suggest in Windows 7, but to fill it out a little:

* Go to the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window, go to OUTBOUND Rules and add 2 new rules.

* Custom rule type; All programs; Protocol type TCP; local ports 139, 445; Remote IP 192.168.0.4; Block the connection; Domain, private & public; named Block bad printer TCP.

* Custom rule type; All programs; Protocol type UDP; local ports 137, 138; Remote IP 192.168.0.4; Block the connection; Domain, private & public; named Block bad printer UDP.

I don't know what you meant by "forget the card slots", but I just forgot about that & it works anyway!

After this I can turn the printer on & print to it with no more worries at all.

I can also press Scan on the printer & select the PC to scan to, which hadn't been working before. I have had an occasional error message pop up on the PC, but by simply repeating the scan at the printer it succeeded perfectly.

I've seen so many threads in different places about this error, and this is the only solution I've seen that actually works. HP should acknowledge the problem & explain the solution on the printer's official support page. 

PS, this fix seems pretty obscure - care to share how you worked it out?!

Cheers...

Martin...

erbfour Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 12 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the hp2600 series printer and get the "Blinking Lights and error message Error:0x887dd03a" message. However, I am running xp (sp3) on one laptop and windows 8 on the other laptop. Any input as to how to correct this error??

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
5287 183 604
Message 13 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

erbfour,

This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
http://goo.gl/sbOF2

Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
0 Kudos
erbfour Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 14 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I did not see the error code 0x887dd03a as part of solution suggested by the link. And it doesn't seem that it is a print cartridge problem.
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
5287 183 604
Message 15 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

erbfour,

While your specific error may not be listed (there are many of these forms of coded errors - too many to list in one article) these are the steps to try (provided through the above link) :
http://goo.gl/oXsBZ

If those steps do not work then the printer will likely require servicing. You can contact support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://goo.gl/kQDB -- For available servicing options.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
0 Kudos
ilgrillo Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 16 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No, JohnB, martxw gave the right answer.

Block TCP and UDP as he showed. I've done it right now, and my HP 2610 is bck online.

0 Kudos
fstrohacker Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 17 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

With my HP2610, I am getting flashing lights, a blue error background with "Error 0x887dd03a" displayed on the printer screen. I have tried the two solutions I have found on this site:

1. pull the plug, wait 30-seconds, press Cancel and right arrow buttons...inconsistent results, lately no help at all.

2. I have also inserted firewall blocks on TCP transmissions (outbound) to ports 139 and 445 and UDP outbound ports 137 and 138 with no improvement noticed at all.

My networking configuration may have something to do with it? I have been operating via Ethernet port only, through my router. This worked for years before I started to see this problem about a two months ago. I now have also connected the USB port, but I see no improvement. I prefer not to use the USB port alone, since I believe that would disconnect the other computers in my home that depend on the router connection to the printer. I am operationg Windows 7, 64 bit.

Help!

0 Kudos
R-Tandem Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 18 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Reviewed both solutions, turning on/off printers didn't work, and blocking SMB was complicated.

Tried run 'HP update' program from the program folders, although it couldn't connect to Internet and I had to just 'finish' button it, this action stablized the printer and the flashing blue screen didn't return for an extended period of time, and I could print my document. 

0 Kudos
lconnietoo Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 19 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks to you both, andreashabl for the tip and Martin for the elaboration on the how to. Everything else suggested was bogus for my particular error. I knew it was network related, but could not figure out what was going on. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Robertfrank Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 20 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What exactly do I have to do (Windows 7, 64 Bit, SP1)?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation