cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Wishyouworked Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Blue Screen of Death on my 6520 All in one Printer

I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death when I try to print on my 6520.  I am using the USB cable that came with my printer, am up-to-date with downloads and registration.  My printer was purchased in March 2013, and it worked fine for a while, but has been giving me the "blue screen" every time lately.  I can't think of anything I did differently.  When I select   " Windows can check online for a solution to the problem" in the dialog box that pops up, under  "Details:" I get c:\Windows\Minidump\093013-21699-01.dmp"

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5461 5367 361 988
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

Are you using a 3.0 USB cable?

Or are you connecting a 2.0 cable to a 3.0 port on your PC?

Wishyouworked Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

To answer your question about using a USB connection:  I am using the cable I ordered with the printer.  It has a USB connection to my computer and a "squarish" connection to my printer.  The cable is gray, and is sort of thick.

My husband who is more technical than I am checked out a lot of sites, and he finally got it fixed.  One thing I remember was that he updated a 'critical' update from HP.

I'm not sure what else he did, but whatever he did worked, so my problem is solved.

Thanks so much for your reply.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5461 5367 361 988
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Great! 

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Also, thanks for the KUDOS! 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation