Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Enterprise M553
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have blue horizontal lines printing on my HP M553 printer. Any idea how to fix it? This happens only when printing in color, black/white is fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just a guess, but maybe replace the cyan toner cartridge.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just a guess, but maybe replace the cyan toner cartridge.

HP Recommended

That was exactly it! Thank you so much, I should have checked that to begin with.

HP Recommended

Also, try updating your FirmWare

Below is a link that points you to how to do that:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05283386

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

I am having the same type of issue. First it was showing vertical maganta lines on the left and sometimes right side of the page. Changed the magenta cartridge, now I am getting the cyan vertical line on the right side only after changing the magenta cartridge. I have updated the firmware and also removed the collection unit. Here is another catch to this. The lines does not happen on all prints. It depends on what program I am using, example, PDF's I get lines. Some email pages printed there are lines, not all. Word documents no lines, my accounting software printing invoices, no lines.

Last thing why would I have to be changing toner cartridges when I still have toner with no low toner warning. My estimates about 30-40% left. Before changing the magenta cartridge it was still a good amount left. After I pulled the cartridge out I did notice multible lines on each side of the roller on the cartridge.  Probbaly if I pulled the cyan out I would notice the same 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.