cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JDJK
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Blue screen error on printer B871AAB4

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While setting up a new Officejet Pro 6830 it worked fine for about 1 minute then the Blue screen error msg B871AAB4 appears for a milisecond before another msg saying an error has occurred and to turn off printer and restart upon which the cycle endlessly repeats.  I'm not sure this is the exact number since it appears so quickly.  A search for this msg failed to find any specific error messages.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,138 13,086 1,330 3,425
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you ensure that you have removed any packaging foams or cardboards from the printer cariage area?

If you are still seeing the issue, you may want to contact HP support.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
JDJK
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought I was talking to support.  Just exactely how do I find out just what that code means?

I did look for packing many times and on a hunch changed out the USB cable from the one I had been using from the 7280 unit for a non HB cable and that seemed to bring it to life somewhat. Since cables are no longer provided I took a chance. After that it sounded like prepping to print for five full minutes while the panel flashed it was trying to find the network. Something I did not ask it to do. I wanted a purely USB conex. Finally it stopped prepping (?) but still flashing it's endless search.  Never any printing.  Keep in mind that at first it did print a network affirmation and a printhead check.  Again, after turning it off then on again I still get the same error msg.  

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Would suggest tha you contact HP support for your issue,

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
JDJK
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer but after reading all the reviews on this model and then seeing the very rapid lowering of the price both at HP and at Best Buy I smelled a lemon so took it back. After more than 25 years of being an HP customer 
I ended up with a Brother. So far it's great and the consumable prices and usage seem like what I used to love about older HPs.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Enjoy your printer. 

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation