Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet M 1132 MFP

I use this machine offline. My copies print fine, but when I scan them in they become blurry. Im not sure how to or if I should change the output settings. Please help. I use this machine for work and its really causing problems.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

You can go ahead and try the steps give below and it should resolve the issue.

Follow these steps to scan the item with HP LaserJet Scan software.
On the Windows taskbar, click Start ( ), click All Programs , click the HP folder, click the name of your printer, and then click [Printer model name] MFP Scan To .
Under Where should the data go , select Save it to a file .
You can click Settings to change the following scan settings:
showTo change the basic scan settingsBasic scan settings include options to adjust the scan size, resolution, and color mode. These settings may vary by product.
Click the Scan tab, adjust the settings you need, and then click OK .
NOTE:Select the box next to Show the TWAIN dialog to allow cropping and preview scanning to adjust additional scan quality, color, and size settings.

showResolution and color settings information
ResolutionResolution is the density of pixels in a scanned image, measured as dots per inch (dpi), e.g. 1200dpi. If you were to look at a one inch line of the scanned image, resolution is the number of pixels in the line.
and color settings can impact overall quality of your scan. The following information can help you decide when you need to set custom resolution and color settings for your scan.
Resolution : This setting is measured in dots per inch (dpi). Higher resolution produces higher quality images because the software uses more pixels per inch in the image. The pixels are smaller and capture greater color detail. However, higher resolution settings increase the output file size of the scan. You might want to use a higher resolution setting if you are scanning photos or documents with graphics that require detail. If you are scanning black and white text, higher resolution is not necessary.
NOTE:Higher resolution file settings require more system resources and increase the time required to complete a scan job. If you have an older computer with limited resources, higher resolution files might cause computer issues. If the scan fails at high resolution, try decreasing the resolution setting.
Color : Use this setting for scanning high quality color photos or documents that have multiple colors.
Black and white : Use this setting to scan text-only documents and for the best OCR results with black text. It provides the fastest scan speed and the smallest scan file sizes.
Grayscale : Use this setting for scans that contain continuous-tone or shading, and black and white images. This setting can produce more accurate scans than the Black and white option, but the file size will be larger. Grayscale is the best setting for heavily shaded images.

showTo change the saved scan file settingsDepending on your printer, these settings let you name the file, set the destination folder where the file is saved, and choose the file type.
Click the File tab, adjust the settings you need, and then click OK .

Click Scan . The scan saves to the My Scans directory in the My Documents folder.
NOTE:If you moved the My Documents folder, the My Scans folder does not follow to the new location.
In the Would you like to scan another page? window, click Yes to add additional pages to the scan file, or click No to complete the scan.
showhideHow to scan as editable text (OCR)
Follow these steps to scan a text document that you can edit.
NOTE:You must have Optical Character Recognition (OCR)A software program analyzes the shapes of scanned characters and determines which letters they resemble most. Then the software creates a text file with this information.
software from HP or a third-party vendor installed on your computer to save a scanned text document as editable.
Step one: Load the document
You can scan from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray, if your printer has one.
NOTE:If your printer does not have an ADF and you are scanning a multi-page document, you will need to load each page on the scanner glass one at a time to scan the document.
Make sure that the printer is turned on and that it is connected to the computer.
Load the document.
showScanner glass
Place the document print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the guides around the glass (usually on the right-front corner or the left-front corner). Close the scanner lid.

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Regards

Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

HP Recommended

I do appeciate your answer. I do have my scans set up with twain and they do go into a scan folder. When I choose the output type as black and white, which i think is what i really need, the text is spotty and some is missing altogether. I just cant figure out how to get a clear crisp image in black and white. Is there a way a can attach one of my reports to this so I can show you what I mean?

HP Recommended

Hi 

Please go ahead and attach the file when you reply to the message you have a attachment options... please do as wewill be able to assist you further better....

Regards

Aneesh 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.