Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-18-2017 09:01 AM
Just taken the brand new printer out of the box, removed all packaging and plugged in. Display shows "printer error"
"There is a problem with the printer. Turn the printer Off, then on."
Tried this a few times a bright blue screen flashes with C4EB82C3 then back to There is a problem....
03-19-2017 11:42 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂
I understand that you have a new HP ENVY 5646 e-All-in-One Printer and during the initial setup a printer error appears. The bright blue screen flashes with C4EB82C3 code. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. I'll do my best to help you with this case.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Have you removed all the packaging material from inside and outside the printer and also from the cartridges?
- Is it a USB or wireless connection?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue still persists then I suggest you to perform a reset on the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer.
Keep me posted and good luck! 🙂
03-19-2017 11:44 AM - edited 03-19-2017 11:52 AM
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,
Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,
To learn how to use HP Forums: you may use this link: http://hp.care/2cyjiuD
07-17-2018 03:26 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP