cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
andrewk757
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Brand new printer tri-color ink cartridge failure

HP Recommended
Envy 5665
Other

Bought a Envy 5665 brand new from Sam's Club.  Got it home, unpacked it, set it up, everything was fine, printed one page of black text only.  2 days later i try to print a receipt and i get an error that the Tri-color cartridge is either empty or bad.  i tried re-seating it several times, cycling power, etc.  nothing seemed to work.  

bought a new #62 cartrige kit today and the tri-color one works just fine.  (for now).  anyone else have this issue or have any recommendations.  Can't believe HP would send out a bunk cartridge with a brand new printer.  

the date on the cartridge is 2017/10/23

thanks in advance,

Andrew in VA

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SuperWelvs
Level 5
262 259 16 38
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the Tri-Color cartridge that you are asking about is a Setup Cartridge? 

Or you may call their hotline 1-800-474-6836 for further troubleshooting assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

Do more than just exist
0 Kudos
andrewk757
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its the tri-color that came with the printer...

0 Kudos
SuperWelvs
Level 5
262 259 16 38
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you bought this printer 2nd hand ? Or is it brand new, if it is 2nd hand, maybe the tri-color cartridge was already used that is why the printer is detecting it as a  used/empty cartridge

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Do more than just exist
0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,518
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The very first post says it is brand new from Sams Club.
0 Kudos
SuperWelvs
Level 5
262 259 16 38
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh missed that, my bad.

Andrew, can you give me the exact error message or you may want to try these troubleshooting steps.

A 'Cartridges Missing' or 'Ink Cartridges Problem' Message Displays on the Control Panel

Used or Counterfeit ink cartridge Detected' or 'Counterfeit ink cartridge Advisory' Error

Updated me.

Do more than just exist
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation