cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

C3180 all in one printer does not print colors with Vista, only grey purple teint

HP Recommended

Change of Windows brand, XP to Windows Vista. With the printer, a CD-rom comes with XP and Windows 2000 driver software.

On the internet we searched for recent driver software, to be found at:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1 ... nld_NB.exe

Driver software package installed and tested.

The black color is printing well.

Other colors are printed only in a purple grey teint even though the image colors are bright yellow, red, green, blue.

All other printer functions work well.

At the XP system only, the printer functionality was superb.

So far, no sollution found.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,164
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forums c3180-userSmiley Happy

I understand you are having some print quality issues with your Photosmart C3180 printer. I would like to suggest the guide below for you to use for your troubleshooting steps. I hope the troubleshooting will help rid the purple/grey tint text and bring the true colors back!

The Wrong Colors Print

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Have a great daySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying to calibrate colors result in following error message stating:

"the service you have chosen is not applicable for your current configuration"

Updating the software result in 2 programs trying to connect to the same printer device.

Device has 2 virtual USB ports configured for each installed program one.

Therefor, the device is automatically set to offline.

Uninstalling original application remove 1 of the USB ports, the printer is online again.

But color is still as bad as mentioned in previous message.

HP cannot help.

Printer is too old.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation