Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp c410

Using a new router with wifi, Hughes Net.  Printer locates new network and ask for passcode.  Passcode is rejected at each attempt.  The passcode works for other devices so I know it is correct.  Even tried shutting printer off and the restarting.  Suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here.  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.

HP Recommended

With the new Hughes.net modem a router is not used since wifi is built into it.  The printer is within six feet of the modem so distance is not an issue.  The summary indicates that the wireless network is working and the network name is found.  The security comes up with a big fail with each attempt.  The modem is a Hughes HT2000w if that helps.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes you have a Gateway device (modem + router).  

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults and try to connect again.  Are you successful?

In the router set the security to WPA only and try to connect again.  Are you successful?

In the router temporarily remove all security off your SSID and try to connect the printer to your unsecured SSID.  Are you successful?  If yes, go back and add WPA2-AES and try again.

HP Recommended

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults and try to connect again. Are you successful?

In the router set the security to WPA only and try to connect again. Are you successful?

In the router temporarily remove all security off your SSID and try to connect the printer to your unsecured SSID. Are you successful? If yes, go back and add WPA2-AES and try again.

i tried the three suggested steps listed above to connect  hpc410 printer using a new HT200W modem.  I temporarily removed all security and the printer connected,.  Now when the security is put back in place the printer disconnects from the wifi.  That puts me back at square one.  Other suggestions?

HP Recommended

tried the three suggested steps listed below to connect hpc410 printer using a new HT200W modem. I temporarily removed all security and the printer connected,. Now when the security is put back in place the printer disconnects from the wifi. That puts me back at square one. Other suggestions?

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults and try to connect again. Are you successful?

In the router set the security to WPA only and try to connect again. Are you successful?

In the router temporarily remove all security off your SSID and try to connect the printer to your unsecured SSID. Are you successful? If yes, go back and add WPA2-AES and try again.

HP Recommended

OK, so your 'new' gateway is the issue.  You can try setting the security to WPA only to see if that works.

However since all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity, I suggest you put that Gateway in full bridge mode and buy yourself a high quality router and connect that up.  Now you have full control over your network including all firmware upgrades.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.