cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

C410b Re-installation failing

HP Recommended

I have had a HP C410b printer now for over a year and it has been working fine..

I have a laptop running windows 7 and a desktop upstairs running XP...

I had the printer (Which is downstairs) connected and working fine on both systems, however I re-built my office desktop over the weekend and now the HP printer will not install, it goes through the whole setup, finds that printer, checks the network settings then at the last moment I get a "printer setup has failed to complete" message, I have been on for 3 hours now trying without the firewall etc. but nothing is working...  it is still working fine on my windows 7 laptop but not on my XP desktop.

I am looking for any advice

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 525
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Geoff2149,

See if this troubleshooting article helps resolve the issue you are experiencing.

'Device Setup Failed to Complete' or 'Unknown Device' Message Displays on the Computer in Windows Du...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have looked at that but it does not help my issue, I am getting the same error, but I am trying to install the system wirelessly.. not with a USB lead, (Which would be impossible unless I had a 200ft USb cable..)

The installation software finds the printer on the network, installs all the software (solution centre etc.), comes up to say "Printer detected" but then 3 seconds later comes up with a red x and says "printer setup has failed to complete" please click to retry or click next to install the printer later.. if I click retry I just keep getting the same error, and if I click next, when I try to run solutions centre I just get a page up saying that it can not run as installation was not complete.. it simply will not install the printer drivers, I have tried to remove all the software through control panels and re-install, and get the same problem, I have tried another solutions suggested to clear all the temp files from the system, access MSCONFIG and run a "Selective startup" with everything but the Microsoft services disabled and that did not work either, and I can not install the drivers from the device manager as the printer is not showing there at all or in the Printers section of control panel.

I had similar problems with my last HP printer where the software installed but It would not scan, it went through the motions but the scanned file just dissapeared into thin air upon saving it... yet that scanned fine and saved from windows 7.. I bought this printer to get over these problems, and it installed and worked fine until I did a factory reset on my system at the weekend... now it simply will not install...

The printer seems to be working fine from my windows 7 laptop, and if I put the IP address of the printer into my web browser on the XP desktop where the installation will not complete, the web server software comes up and I can scan, fax etc no problem direct through the IP address, I just can not connect it through the solution centre software and it will not install the drivers so I can not print to it from my office PC..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Geoff2149

It sounds like there is no connection problem but a problem definitely seems to have occured with the installation. Try the following instructions as it should help you remove all HP printer software and allow you a fresh install.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

Photosmart C410b Software

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

Photosmart C410b Software

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation