Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
martcrox Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C410b installation hangs with win 8.1 64 bit

HP C410b installation on new Toshiba Satellite win 8.1 64 bit.

Both the HPPIW.exe & PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408.exe download OK but on run they extract then vanish. There is nothing in task bar. They are in task manager indicating they are doing something but nothing happens (hours pass).

Any ideas on how to solve this? I need the scanner software which is not within the 8.1 ready for use plug & play software.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 897 2522
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi martcrox,

I'd like to help you get the software installed on your 8.1 operating system. Use the suggestions from the following thread to resolve the issue. > Extracts but does't Install.

Following the instructions in the link above should get you passed this stage and into the software installation.

If you experience any issue installing the software you can use the Event view to help identify the issue. Most install errors are stored in the Windows Event Viewer, identifying the error ensures that you get the best troubleshooting steps for your error. Follow the instructions below to find the error code.

1. From the Start screen, type Event Viewer
  2. In the Event Viewer frame (on the left), click Windows logs
  3. Under Windows logs, click Application. The Event Viewer results display in the middle pane
  4. In the middle frame in the Source column, find the most recent Error entry from HP   Tip: You can click the Source column to sort in alphabetical order to make it easier find the most recent entry from HP. You can also click Date (or any of the other columns) to sort
  5. Click the Error entry. The error details display in the General tab
  6. In the General tab , look for a numbered code. This is the specific error message that you need to troubleshoot
  7. Make a note of the error code and post it back to me.

These instructions and details about install errors can be found here: MSI errors when installing.

If the steps I have provided help to resolve the issue, or If you require any additional assistance please let me know. I am happy to help.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
martcrox Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for reply:

microsoft fix it - no errors

Type:   net stop spooler <hit enter> (something happens very quickly)
Type:   net start spooler <hit enter > (something happens very quickly)
Type:   exit  <hit enter > (this is not found by windows)

C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86? deleted contained folders in both w32 and 64 folders

Level 3 uninstall instructions do not follow web page. I have no idea what to do really although this is what I did.

This page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/static_software_select?swlinkmsg=100&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c015015...
does not give me any idea what to do though I have followed it through to:

delete HP printer instances from programs & features - there are not any there to delete.

msiconfig changes (to stop start up programs) just stalls at apply & I just have to switch off laptop at hard reset.

I don't know what you mean by the start screen (is this the desktop?) If its the win 8.1 start screen then where do you type? In search? If so event viewer is not found

This is the 3rd HP printer I have installed on 7 PCs & laptops over the years with win 95 , win7 & 8.1 - all bar the first simple deskjet have had the same install type problems.

any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 897 2522
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi martcrox,

Thanks for getting back to me and with such detail. I think it would be best to use the following link, the document name is "The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls", but the solutions are not limited to only that issue. Click the link below to open the document.

Software installation issues

Some of the solutions will duplicate what you have done, but please follow the steps in order with the exception of steps that can not be completed. If you come across a step you can't complete, skip it and continue to the next step.

Let me know if this does the trick.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation