Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,840 Views)

C4280 Alignment Page not detected

Ok.  I tried the support options through the solution center that comes up when I just click the icon on my desktop.  Nothing actually adresses this issue that I could find. 

The problem is that I keep getting a message on my printer's display that says "Alignment page not detected."  I am working with Windows 7, I unplug both the USB and power cord when I'm not printing as I don't print that often.  Recently I had to change my black ink, which is all I use.  In the past this has not been a problem.  The alignment page prints fine, in black and white of course, the scanner seems to be trying to scan it, but for some reason it's not seeing it.  I had some issues with scanning photos a while back, but I was NOT getting a new alignment page every single time I turn on my printer either.  Every time I try to print something, the printer tries to go through the alignment process so I am going through lots of ink and paper, which is a problem for me.  I'm getting ready to go back to school again, too, so I'd like to resolve this before that happens and I'm printing a lot more.  Thanks everyone!

Brandi

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 4 (1,280 Views)

Re: C4280 Alignment Page not detected

I'm having the same problem, and all HP suppport will do is to try to sell me a new printer. There does not appear to be any other solution.

Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (961 Views)

I have the same problem! Is there anyone home at HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation