cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rd_conklin
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C4440 "Paper Size Mismatch" error. ANNOYING!!

RESOLVED FOR HP C309A AND HALLMARK 2010 !!

I finally printed a custom sized Half fold envelope from Hallmark Card Studio to my C309a printer!

HP posts on their web site how to disable the paper sensor, (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01913438) This was only part of the solution. 

Within Printer Properties, Click Features, then under paper type, select plain paper. 

Under Resizing Options, Select Custom from the Size drop down list.

• Enter the custom envelope size (in my case the half fold envelopes are 5.625 inches high by 8.625 inches wide)
  • Save the Name as the type of envelope dimensions you entered (I saved it as Half Fold Envelope).

The next time you want to print an envelope, be sure to select it from the Size drop down list. 

Then under Printing Preferences, select General Everyday printing.  (You may have done double sided printing for your card)

Hope this works as well for you. I know I struggled trying to find the solution. Many times I gave up and hand wrote the envelope. Now you can make a professionally looking envelope. I imagine this solution would work from within any application now. Good luck and let me hear from you if this resolved your problem. For what it's worth, I'm an HP employee (not support) who was equally frustrated. I hope to gain back your faith and trust in HP.

0 Kudos
cashp121
3 3 0 0
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see that this post is a bit old but switching my C6280 to use the Deskjet 990c driver gave no mismatch errors.

0 Kudos
db1850
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could not agree more stongly with the originator of the thread, and I could not DISAGREE with the EMPLOYEE more.  The brilliance of HP in putting in this extra little paper sensor service is a pain and if I do not find a way around it today, this 8600 Pro will be declared a piece of junk and returned to the store.  The brilliance of HP not letting you bypass this is very similar to the federal government mandating an airbag on the passenger side of the vehicle to protect drunks and people who refuse to wear a seat belt at the expense of putting in an airbag that will take of the head of a child during a crash.  At least HP can say that it was not the first organization to be struck by such brilliance !

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation