cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nicholas_d Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C4780 Wireless Issues

I have a netgear router and 3 access points set up in my house.

I just purchased a c4780 and cannot get it set up on my mac. It will just say "searching for network" even after I selected the wireless network that we have. It will never get to the next screen.

I have successfully set this printer up in another location with a different router.

My thoughts are incompatibility with the Netgear router...Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I have tried everything from taking the password off of the network to changing all of the devices to be b/g/n compatible. Still nothing...any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Professor
Professor
1,540 1,533 81 399
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C4780 Wireless Issues

Describe the type of Netgear wireless-router you have and how it's configured:

• what is your SSID?
  • are you broadcasting your SSID?
  • do you have Mac-filtering enabled?
  • what type of encryption do you have (WEP, WPA-PSK w/TKIP, WPA-PSK w/AES, WPA-PSK w/both, none)?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Pat456 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C4780 Wireless Issues

Wi-Fi-Guy,

I am having the same problem with Vista (32 bit).

The router is configured for b/g ch.11

I  ran the HP utility that "sees'" the router(WEP) and shows what is connected to it, BlackBerry, Wii, etc..

I have downloaded the most current drivers. The part of the install that covers "Wireless Network Name" see's nothing, it should show my SSID and everyone else's where I live, like the HP utility does. The next step allows me to add the SSID and WEP ID, nothing, it can't find it.. I have disabled all firewalls, nothing.

I have un-installed/installed all HP software.

It works with a USB connection.

Any ideas? Or other places to check?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20,508 20,434 1,425 4,864
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C4780 Wireless Issues

Print a Wireless Network Test from the front of the printer: Setup [Scan] > Network menu.  Your wireless radio may have failed, especially if it sees NO wireless networks.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation