cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sunbeam1967 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C5180 ink cartridge problem!! Help

I have a ink cartridge problem. It tell me that the yellow ink is out and I have replaced it with 3 brand new ink cartridges and it still tells me that it is out. Has anyone else have this problem'
How do you fix this??

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8,611 7,796 283 645
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sunbeam1967

Try resetting the printer and cleaning the cartridges as described here

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
KW52 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I having the same problem....and tried resetting the printer and cleaning the contacts on the cartridge.  I am still getting the message that the yellow cartridge is empty after trying 2 new cartridges.  Need help!!

0 Kudos
virgo3333 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am now having the same exact issue.  Did you ever get an answer or how did you solve your problem?  I've changed yellow cartridges and even cleaned that one!

Thank you,

Laurie

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8,611 7,796 283 645
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Laurie

So it's telling you the yellow is empty and it won't let you print? Try following these steps and please let me know if it solves the problem.

Thanks, Ciara

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00819086

If your cartridges are not empty, but you continue to receive the 'Ink Cartridge(s) are Empty ' error message, follow these steps to override the message.
  1. Disconnect any cables (Ethernet cable or USB cable) that connect both the printer and the computer.
  2. Restart your computer. (Consider bookmarking this page in your Web browser so that you can easily return to it after the computer restarts.)
  3. With the printer turned on , remove the power cord from the back of the printer.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Insert the power cord back into the printer, and turn the printer on.
  6. Clear any error messages.
  7. Reconnect any cables that connect the printer to the computer.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
virgo3333 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ciara:

thank you for your response.  I tried the listed instructions and it stil gives me the yellow caution ballbat symbol and indicates the yellow ink is empty.  It still prints black but no color at all.  I have been reading many similiar complaints and wonder if it is a defective yellow sensor that HP is not acknowledging??

Take care,

Laurie

0 Kudos
schloman Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as others... and I have not been able to resolve it.   I cannot print at all.   My yellow print cartridge on my C5180 shows "empty" on the printer even though I have installed 3 genuine HP replacement cartridges.   I had two cartridges that worked but were "expired" so I replaced those too.   I have never used anything other than genuine HP.     So far I have:

1) deinstall/reboot/reinstall the printer driver (3x)

2) deinstall/reboot/reinstall the HP software suite off the web  (2x)

3) reset the printer by pulling the plug with the USB disconected.   (3x)

4) reset the printer by pulling the plug and then holding OK/setup during power on (2x)

5) reset the printer by pulling the plug and then holding OK/cancel during power on (4x)

I've done the above in about that general order although I did do #5 during #1 and #2.   I am at wits end.   Is it time to throw the C5180 into the dumpster?    Anyone?  Anyone?   Beuler?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation