Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dexter74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C5280 cartridge problem...

After few printed sheets printers was not used by about two weeks.

Today I turn on my printer and on display I have: "Ink cartridges. See documentations." (or similar, I have polish language). And on front panel flashing exclamation mark.

I'm sure cartrdges are almost full, i printed only few sheets with tex only. I removed cartridges and clean points of contact.

Help, what should I do, new cartridges are very expensive...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4502 303 1044
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow the steps in THIS document. If the issue persists, then call HP or go to an authorized HP service centre to get the cartridge replaced.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
dexter74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hmmm...

Solution one: Use the genuine cartridges.

My cartridges are delivered with printer.

Solution two: Make sure the cartridge is compatible with your product

See solution one

Solution three: Check the cartridge warranty

Color cartridge: 2010/03/02, black 2010/07/05

Solution four: Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge and in the product

Done, still problem.

Solution five: Replace the cartridges

Beautifull. In Poland price of both cartridges = 1/2 of price whole printer (with cartridges!). Printer - 130$, cartridges 70$!

Everything is OK if cartridges are empty, but they are'nt!

Solution six: Service the product

I'm afraid it's good solution... ;-(

Thanks DexterM (from Dexter too ;-)

0 Kudos
Jam_mal_74 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problems on a 5280 Photosmart. I own this printer since jan 2009, more or less, and now, it seems, no cartridge is accepted.... it always answers to see instructions, to choose original cartridges, and so on.

I will have to buy a new printer.

Too much control and electronic about these cartdriges means much more problems for the owner.....gonna buy another brand, maybe....

GmN
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation