Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BecIn Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C6100 All-in-One message: Ink System has failed. Error: Oxc18a0301

The front panel is displaying this error message. I followed the steps for resolving the problem that were suggested on the hp.com website. The error is still displayed. This printer is around 1 year old. Are there any other solutions for this issue besides having it servicec?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Teacher
Teacher
87 87 6 15
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perform the normal assert troubleshooting:

-turn ON the printer

-disconnect the usb cable from both ends of the printer and pc if printer is connected with USB cable

-open the cartridge door and remove all the ink cartridges

-close everything without installing the cartridge

-disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer without turning off the power

-wait for 30 secs

-plug the power cable back in and install all the ink cartridges if the printer turns on

-wait the printer to initialize and stop making noises

**don't attempt to print this time

-turn off the printer by disconnecting the power cable from the back

-wait another 30 secs

-plug the power cable back in and if the printer is ready to go

-try printing a test page

Get back to me if it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
acraedel Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same meggase on hp C8180. But the suggested repair steps didn't work. Any more suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
Clair Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done as directed to correct this, USB cord removed, ink taken out, turned off off 1 min. and replaced everything in correct order.  Had HP web site diagnose problem.  Now it will not shut down.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
artsexpress Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just had the same problem and was on HP support chat for two hours.  Got it to work.  They sent me to this link.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034

i had just replaced a black ink cartridge and got the message.  I needed to clean the print cartridge.  Couldn't believe that was the problem, but when I cleaned it, it worked again!  I couldn't believe that was the problem, because the printer worked fine before I ran out of ink.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
robertsevier Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did not work

0 Kudos
robertsevier Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

help it did not work
0 Kudos
jd42b Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Didn't work. my Error message is Oxc18a0206. Is that a different fix?  my printer is model C6150

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation