Note on archived topics.
11-17-2008 04:26 PM
I am having problems with my wireless keyboard pausing whilst I type with the printer switched off, and then catching up with itself. Takes about 5 secs for next bit of text to appear. Its only been happening since I installed the wireless C6180. It's maddening and very difficult to type! Its almost as if my keyboard is caching my typed text with limited store limited capability. Have searched on web but can't see mention of this problem. Any ideas?
11-17-2008 11:07 PM
1. While the printer is still turned on, unplug all the cords and cables at the back of the printer.
2. Unplug also the power cable from the wall outlet.
3. Wait for a minute or two
4. Connect the power cord directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect the other end of the cable yet to the back of the printer
5. Press and hold pound and three buttons on the printer. While holding pound and three, reconnect the power cable at the back of the printer.
6. Turn on the printer if it will not turn on.
7. Printer should re-align itself, so follow the on-screen instructions.
Please reply for further clarifications.
07-20-2009 12:24 PM
Thank you Smartfriend!!!
I could not find an appropriate fix for my Officejet 6110 when all the Windows and HP diagnostics indicated that there was nothing wrong. My printer would not run a self-test, either from the printer keyboard or as directed by the computer. (It said it was "busy.") The fix that you gave for the C6180 also worked for my 6110, thank God. The printer made a grinding noise, said something about scanning on the LED screen, then just started working!
Blessings to you!
07-25-2009 10:48 AM
Thanks for this solution. Please can you clarify re Pound and 3 keys in case I've misread you. I only have a keypad on printer going 1 - 9 with three additional keys * 0 #. No Pound key (£). Will holding the No.3 key be sufficient to force the printer reset?