cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Curious
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C6180 - Keyboard freezing when printer switched off

I am having problems with my wireless keyboard pausing whilst I type with the printer switched off, and then catching up with itself. Takes about 5 secs for next bit of text to appear.  Its only been happening since I installed the wireless C6180.  It's maddening and very difficult to type!  Its almost as if my keyboard is caching my typed text with limited store limited capability.  Have searched on web but can't see mention of this problem.  Any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
smartfriend
Level 7
527 520 45 233
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this:

1. While the printer is still turned on, unplug all the cords and cables at the back of the printer.

2. Unplug also the power cable from the wall outlet.

3. Wait for a minute or two

4. Connect the power cord directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect the other end of the cable yet to the back of the printer

5. Press and hold pound and three buttons on the printer. While holding pound and three, reconnect the power cable at the back of the printer.

6. Turn on the printer if  it will not turn on.

7. Printer should re-align itself, so follow the on-screen instructions.

Please reply for further clarifications.

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
0 Kudos
Paintergirl31
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Smartfriend!!!

I could not find an appropriate fix for my Officejet 6110 when all the Windows and HP diagnostics indicated that there was nothing wrong. My printer would not run a self-test, either from the printer keyboard or as directed by the computer. (It said it was "busy.") The fix that you gave for the C6180 also worked for my 6110, thank God. The printer made a grinding noise, said something about scanning on the LED screen, then just started working!

Blessings to you!

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
AliceG
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked for the OfficeJet L7780 also.

THANKS!

Alice G

0 Kudos
Curious
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for this solution.  Please can you clarify re Pound and 3 keys in case I've misread you.  I only have a keypad on printer going 1 - 9 with three additional keys * 0 #.  No Pound key (£).  Will holding the No.3 key be sufficient to force the printer reset?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paintergirl31
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The # key is the "pound" key. Good luck.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation