Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rdiedrich Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C6280 "Internal DRS error 1500:c0:3001"

I'm getting "Internal DRS error 1500:c0:3001" when scanning and the process stops.

XP, recently ran spybot (found nothing) and have AVG resident.

TIA

12 REPLIES
rdiedrich Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I now removed and reinstalled C6280 software and the error remains.

Thanks

0 Kudos
NotesShark Tutor
Tutor
6 1 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I observe the same problem but slightly less serious I think. When I scan on my OfficeJet 6310 to PDF I get exactly the same error:

Error Prompt

Error Prompt

Internal DRS Error: 1500:c0:3001

It pops up 3 times per page (I have not tried more than a couple of scans) but I can see how annoying that would be when I scan using the document feeder with loads of documents.

Did you by any chance find how to come about this ?

I will post here if I find a solution or workaround.

0 Kudos
getnbizzy Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is now happening to me..I have a 6 page document, and it asked me to "Ok" this error 3 times per page. Then the pdf output is completely wrong, the text on all of the pages is replaced with tilde signs ~ instead of letters. How can I fix this, I need to send a scan!! fyi, I am using vista, and have the latest software for 6310xi installed. thanks

0 Kudos
Geekpete Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I've got the same problem with the C7280. I'm operating XP Pro SP3. Interestingly, when the initial scan comes in the preview, all is OK. It is only when I go to accept the scan (which is when the OCR software kicks in) that I get the rows of tilde (~) where alpha or numeric characters are. Another observation is that the table grid (scanned from original) is not affected.

I have removed both the "HP Imaging Device Functions 9.0" and "HP OCR Software 9.0" restarted the computer then re-installed both sets of software (from the CD) with no change in outcome. I have then used the "check for updates" of which I get the " No new updates available" reply.

So now I have put in a request for help via email. We'll see what happens and I will let you know what happens.

When it works, it works well. In the mean time......
0 Kudos
Geekpete Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Found a work around for our problems. A "Shawn" has posted this and can be found at:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-faxing-and-copying/Scanning-documents/m-p/216321#M6343

This solution doesn't allow the use of the "Scan Document" button in the HP Solution Centre, but at least I can now scan and edit documents.

Makes me wonder if all this works better with System 7, or Linux!!

Still haven't heard from HP yet, but shall let you know.

Back soon. (I hope!!)

0 Kudos
Geekpete Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rdiedrich,

Found yet another possible solution. Follow this link to "Just Answer". This allows us to use the HP Solution Centre "Scan Document" button.

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2icwq-i-have-a-photosmart-c7250-when-i-try-to-scan-to-micro-soft

I have yet to try other settings, but at least this is a better solution than the Microsodt Office one I posted earlier.

If you can't/don't want to follow the above link, then basically,

1. when you go to do the scan using the "HP Solutions Centre" "Scan Document" button (press this now).
  2. Click on the "Change Settings" button (lower right side of scan window) in the window that opens. This opens the "Scan Document Button" window. Make sure the "Show a preview scan." box is ticked (In Button settings bottom right of window.
  3. Click on the "Advanced Document Settings..." button (Right Hand side 2nd under "Scan Type)
  4. Change the "Output Resolution (ppi) for Document as Image:" to 200. While here, check the correct language is selected. I also tried an Output Resolution of 600ppi. This seemed to make no difference as the system defaults back to 300ppi when the scan is carried out, regardless of what has been selected, but still scans as expected instead of erroring. For some reason I have yet to discover, simply changing the ppi removes the erroring!! :robotsurprised:
  5. While here (in the "Advanced Document Settings..."), now would be a good time to change the scan to "Black & White" which in itself reduced my scan from 24.5MB to 1MB:robotsurprised: The only thing you'll need to do then is, after the scan, adjust the "Black and White" level manually for clearest picture. I got the best results this way. If you forget to select this at this point, don't worry, it can be done from the next window (HP Scanning)
  6. Now click the "OK" button. This takes you back to the "Scanning from... Scan Document button (HP Solution Centre) window. Now click on the "Scan" button (in the "Scanning from...Scan Document Button (HP Solution Centre)" window.
  7. Now you'll be in the "HP Scanning" window which is where you can make any final changes you deem neccessary. You can also see how big your file is and how each change makes a difference to the size of your file. Note that this is not the storage size. It is the size of the "working in ram" file.
  8. When the document is the way you want it, then select finish. This time, it should go through to the final program as expected. Don't expect every character to be correctly recognised, especially with any hand written documents. Tables are especially notoriusly bad.

Hope this helps. Good luck and I'll let you know if I find anything else to help.

0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
282 4 22
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's a posting on the HP support site regarding this problem and the LaserJet 1100a.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=bpl07315&jumpid...

I work for HP, but these words are mine alone.
0 Kudos
Geekpete Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Scandroid,

When it is all boiled down, it is very similar to what I found. Although there isn't any cleary visible "Label" on the C7280 OCR software, it makes me wonder if it is "ReadIris" - Same problem - similar solution!

0 Kudos
major82 Tutor
Tutor
20 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Geekpete,

I followed your steps 1. thru 8. which were very helpful. Please comment on the following:

Advanced document settings

Output resolution for images

In the Output Resolution ( ppi ) for Document as an Image drop – down list, select a resolution to use for scanning a document as an image. I enter 200 and click save. The scanning procedure works. The next scan I have to manually change the entered 300 back to 200. How can I get the 200 saved permanently? 

Thank you

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation