cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nmnativz
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Solved!

C6280 sometimes cuts off last line of text

HP Recommended
I have not been able to figure this one out... I do not get a print margin error in Word, but the last line of text, even in the middle of a page has the lower 80% of it omitted.  It is as if the printer thinks it has reached a print margin limit, but it is no where near the edge of the paper.  It is not just a problem with Word.  I was using Memorex labelling software this morning, and the same thing happened.  In this case, the omission was near the edge of the stamped CD label, but it was well away from the edge of the paper.  Any help with this would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
nmnativz
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ummm... anyone got any ideas to help me with this?  I'm fairly proficient as a PC and system admin, and I have checked the margin settings in my applications and the printer configuration, including Advanced settings... all to no avail.

vthyng
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem with my C6150 for over a year.  I found that it seems to only happen on the last page of my print out, so as long as I print an extra page (it can even be blank), I get all of my lines printed.  I will be looking for an answer today.

Vince

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,269 26,623 2,422 8,860
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There has been a long running thread in the Business Support Forum regarding this issue for the L7680 and a few other AIO models.  Are you connected via USB or LAN?  Some users have reported resolving the issue by connecting with USB rather than LAN and some have had success with the DEskjet 6500 series or Deskjet 990 drivers.

It does not appear that there is a definitive solution.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

nmnativz
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My C6280 is connected via LAN.  I prefer the LAN connection since I have two systems at home printing to it, and I'll have a wireless laptop printing to it shortly.  If I get time to try some of the other options I may look into it, but I've never worked with a system that uses systems for a different model than what I have.  I'll let you know what comes of it if I get to that.  Thanks for your input, folks.

-Bruce

0 Kudos
HPSceptic
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My C7280 printer had this same issue of cutting off the text in the last line of a document.  HP technical support suggested an additional print driver (deskjet 990c) to use when printing, and the standard c7280 when faxing.  It worked for me.  Apparently the print and fax driver for the c7280 conflict with each other. This same problem may exist with other all-in-one printers as evidenced by following the "bottom border" discussion thread in this same forum.
0 Kudos
CouvBorn
Level 2
11 11 2 5
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked for me:

1. go to your printers folder, right-click on the network connected printer that you are having the problem with and select "Properties"

2. when the properties window opens, click on the "Ports" tab. 

3. near the bottom of the Ports tab window is a check box for "Enable bidirectional support",  uncheck it and click "OK"

now print something where you have previously experienced the problem.   I think this might work for some users.

fstminlv
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just tried the unchecking of the biodirectional support box and it worked!!! Hooray and thank you so much. It's been so incredibly frustrating for me and my daughter and much wasted paper and ink......
0 Kudos
Drz400
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! - The suggested fix resolved the problem for me too, only problem is that it now prints slower since its only printing in one direction.

Something else worthy to note - before the suggested fix was done, I could get the last line of a Word document (in the middle of the document) to print by printing the document in "fast/economical printing" mode.  "General Everyday Printing" would not print the line, however.  It sure seems like a printer driver bug to me.

0 Kudos
CouvBorn
Level 2
11 11 2 5
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm happy to know that un-checking the "Enable bidirectional support" box also worked for a few others.

Drz400 - disabling bidirectional support doesn't have anything to do with printing in both directions.  Enabling bidirectional support allows for two way data communication between the printer and pc.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation