cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dougfielding
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem on my HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One and this fixed it for me as well.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Evenstar
Level 2
24 19 1 4
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CouvBorn wrote:

This worked for me:

1. go to your printers folder, right-click on the network connected printer that you are having the problem with and select "Properties"

2. when the properties window opens, click on the "Ports" tab. 

3. near the bottom of the Ports tab window is a check box for "Enable bidirectional support",  uncheck it and click "OK"

now print something where you have previously experienced the problem.   I think this might work for some users.

Huge THANKS!

This worked great.  The problem started off intermittent but was recently all the time.  Simple effective fix and it doesn't slow down my print jobs at all.  You deserve a big kiss...  HP deserves something very different. :HalfEyes:  C7280 All-in-One here.

Message Edited by Evenstar on 07-26-2009 02:28 PM
natong
Level 2
15 11 0 4
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Man it works! my C7280 work now.

Bi-derection is bug in the driver. Please fix it very soon.

btw,  HP released new driver 08-2009.

0 Kudos
Mrcopt
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Does unchecking Enable bidirectional support cause any problems? It did fix my cut off of the bottom of the page. Which I am wasting money when I print stamps.
0 Kudos
Dreaming
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have HP Officejet 6500 Wireless and this really worked for me, thanks!

0 Kudos
pjwilliamsna
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get this cut off problem with my ethernet attached 6280 and it even fails to print the official HP test print after install of the latest drivers (PS_AIO_02_NetWired_Full_Win_WW_130_140)  unless I disable bi-directional. This is unbelievable to still be true since 2009. What is HP doing about it?? Of course I have also got problems with scanning (see 'scan cannot be performed ..' threads. Maybe bi-directional is essential for scanning to work?

Anyone got experience of this please.

0 Kudos
tfjbrooklyn
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked for me too.  Now are you willing to share exactly how this idea occurred to you?  e.g. why does bidirectional communication interfere with printing the last part of the text?

0 Kudos
pjwilliamsna
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Others before me had found bi-directional support enabled for the printer port caused problems so I truied out their advice. I was afraid it would stop scanning working as I was having problems with that too. It seemed logical that since scanning was input to PC from a printer that 'bi-directional' might be what was required. However, I can report that my scanning (over a shared ethernet wired network) now works most of the time and I still have bi-directional support for the port disabled.

My guess is that the problem has to do with too quick a change of direction of IP communication before the last buffered line of the printout has been put on the paper.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation