cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pablo_Five Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C7180 Unable to FAX - Makes horrible sound

I have a C7180 that makes a scraping sound when trying to scan under the fax function then hangs up.  Normal scanning to file, copying and printing work fine.  Recently upgraded from Vista to W7 but problem occurs in both.

Sounds more like a mechanical problem.  Anyone have any ideas?  PWM

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4893 4841 576 801
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it out for 30 seconds, and plug it back into a wall outlet. Let me know if there are any changes.

If you wanted to contact HP Support (1800-474-6836).
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Pablo_Five Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion but no success.  The printer is obsolete now but I really like it so will get a small home fax to take care of that.  Thanks again. PWM

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4893 4841 576 801
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you would like, you can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). You may be qualified for a discounted upgrade with up to 90% off of the warranty.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation