cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ziljin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C7280 wireless connection issue

Hi all,

currently im experiencing some very peculiar problems with connecting my C7280 printer to my linksys W610n router. The printer is able to pick up the ISSD of the router and to my knowledge it passes all the tests as shown by the diagnostic printout except for the "no filtering" test.

I have already reconfirmed the passphrase enumerable times and changed the router setting from WEP to WPA security. I have even tried with no security, but the same problem still presists.

I have further had sure there was no MAC filtering and all other settings on my rounter are set to "default".

currently im a bit frustrated having just spent a day on this problem.... hope i can receive some constructive feedback

THANKS !!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,867
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the security still set to WPA, let's reset the printer's network defaults (Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults).  Now try it again.

Do not, ever, use WEP. It is not secure and can lead to connection problems.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kevin_techno
Level 4
112 112 2 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think That will help you out try the solution below:

For the computer and C7280 to recognize the wireless network, the wireless router must broadcast a network name. If the network is not detected as available by the printer or computer, the network name is not broadcast. Access the settings of the wireless router (each router's control panel is opened differently, so consult the instruction manual for your router) and check that the SSID is revealed or being broadcast. If the SSID is broadcast, both the PC and printer will be able to connect or enter the password to permit access, or try this for more on HP wireless printer problems.

Good luck

Kevin

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation