cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
85 61 1 1
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

CLJ 2600n uneven printing

Big update today. I took my CLJ 2600n apart down to the laser assembly to check that it was seated properly and to add the fourth screw (M3-.50 X 10 with a #6 split-ring lock washer if anyone cares).

Reassembled everything and turned it on. But, now I get an error, "51.22" which is an internal hardware error, "magenta scanner error."

I took the whole thing apart again just to make sure I got all of the connectors seated properly and still get the same error.

So, I can't check to see if it's printing any better now because I can't seem to get past this "51.22" error.

Any suggestions? Hopefully my printer isn't now a brick :smileysurprised:.

I did find a thread where they said that it's a laser error. I've tried turning the printer off for many minutes (longer than the suggested 15 minutes) and reseating all of the cables.

Is the solution now for me to find a new laser assembly? What's weird to me is that it was working (albeit with the black toner issue) before I took it apart. Seems to me that it's more likely to be caused by something I did (and can hopefully undo) than the odds that my laser assembly just happens to break at the same time.

Thanks again!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
3,716 3,672 304 715
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Remember to check both ends of the cables that go to the laser scanner it is possible that the end away from the scanner worked its way loose while you were doing the process.

Your laser scanner errors are actually usually beam detect errors, that's where the laser is firing a test shot into a sensor. In other words if anything has been knocked loose in the magenta section of the laser scanner assembly it could be causing that problem.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,006
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Agree with Stephen.  Keep in mind those connections are a metal base for each wire in the cable and sometimes one or more of the metal pieces slips away from the base so it does not insert fully into the connection on either side.  What I do is remove both cables first at the laser/scanner side and make sure all the metal contacts on the cable are in place and then I put them back into their connections.  I then do the same for the connections to the dc controller.

Highlighted
Level 3
85 61 1 1
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Success and Success! In our last episode while working on fixing the issue with the black not printing evenly across the page I then got the Error 51.22.

I once again disassembled down to and removed the laser assembly. I took a very close look and found that one connector where the ribbon cable connects into the circuit board and come up and out. I took a picture but it's sort of hard to see the issue. If you look closely at the right side of the white ribbon cable connector you can see a glint of the wire sticking out. I carefully pushed it back into position and then reassambled the printer.

It seems that fixing the ribbon cable connector fixed the 51.22 error and that removing and reinstalling the laser assembly fixed the uneven black printing.

Here's the picture of the ribbon cable connector.

IMG_1411.JPG

Here's the latest Self Test/Configuration image.

Self_Test-Configuration-3.jpg

It seems that the uneven black printing has been cured. But, is it correct for other colors to differ from the left and right sides of this page? Like at the top it's blue on the left and purple on the right. If this is correct that I'm all set! If it's not correct then are there any hints for what could be causing this?

So big Kudos to David & Stephen for all of their help (yes, I clicked on the "Kudos" link in their posts).

Thanks again!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,006
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The colors are correct.  You have a  minor issue with the black on the left side as it appears to go a little beyond the other colors.  What is strange is the right side is perfect.  As long as the colors to not bleed or cause a 3d like effect you will be fine.  The left side issue is very minor and I do not think it will effect print quality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
85 61 1 1
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi David,

You have a  minor issue with the black on the left side as it appears to go a little beyond the other colors.  What is strange is the right side is perfect.  As long as the colors to not bleed or cause a 3d like effect you will be fine.  The left side issue is very minor and I do not think it will effect print quality.

Are you refering to the colored bars at the bottom of the page (Yellow, Magenta, Black and Blue) where the black bar sticks out a smidge further to the left than the other colors?

Even if I did care is there a solution to it?

Thanks again!

Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,006
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

None that I know of since I have never seen a bar that was longer then the others.  I have seen many where the alignment was off where one is short on one side but long on the other.  You could try another toner since it will calibrate again and see if that makes a difference but I really do not think it matters as to print qualify.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation