cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
BenHRVA Tutor
Tutor
8 3 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CM1415 FNW Strange Paper Jam -

I love this printer, but something strange is happening and I don't know what to do. I used it pretty heavily for a few years with no problem, but in the last year or so it hasn't gotten a lot of use.

Here's what's going on:

1. CREASED PAGES - Printed pages are coming out with a crease that starts about 3 inches down the page on the left side and gets increasingly worse toward the bottom of the page. The attached picture shows a good example of what happens 100% of the time.

THE LEFT CREASE begins 3.5" down and 1.5" from the left of the page.

THE RIGHT CREASE begins 2.5" down and 2.75" from the left of the page.

2. PAPER JAM AT PAPER BIN OUTPUT ROLLERS – this happens mostly (but not always) after I've printed a number of pages. The paper is missing the last set of rollers and basically getting pushed into itself, resulting in my having to pull it out in little pieces with needle nose pliers. I get a paper jam message and also have to open the rear door and pull out the partially printed page.

MY QUESTION:

Is there a cost-effective way to fix this or should I buy a new printer? I've had this one for 4 or 5 years and I don't want to spend a lot on a maintenance kit just to have something else break.

I've removed the scanner/copier unit and the covers so I can access almost everything if there's  something I need to look at.

Thanks for reading and please help!!!!!

cm1415_creased_page.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
4,869 4,127 319 689
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @BenHRVA,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with the paper feed issues you're experiencing on your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer. By the sounds of what you're describing in your post and the defects that appear on your attached image it does look like this issue is stemming from a defect with your paper feed rollers. If a roller is defective and pushing too tight it will cause the crease in the paper and it can also cause paper jams and tears. All of which is happening to your printed documents.

The downside is, because this is a consumer grade laserjet your options are fairly limited when it comes to troubleshooting. You can remove paper jams, and reset the printer but beyond that there is no maintenance kits that you can purchase. Any hardware defect would result in a whole product replacement.

I know you have already removed jams and have even went as far as removing the the scanner/copier assembly to gain better access to the inside of the product to no avail. However, if you want to take another look at the paper jam steps perhaps you may have missed something.

A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays for HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn and CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printe...

Also, ensure that your printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet for power. Power strips and surge protectors can cause your printer to lack power and not function properly.

I'm going to send you a Private Message with a programming NVRAM reset in it for your printer in case this is a programming issue that is causing the rollers in your product not to function properly. Please check your Private Messages for the instructions on how to perform the reset. Be sure to post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the reset and whether running through the Paper Jam document resolved your issue. Good luck! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
4,869 4,127 319 689
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BenHRVA  Wrote:

Thanks so much for trying to help me, but it didn't work. I did what you said, and updated the firmware and am still getting the creased pages.

I'm also getting all-black pages when I try to copy or scan. Any other ideas

Hey @BenHRVA ,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue. I'm sorry to hear that the paper jam troubleshooting steps and the NVRAM Programming Reset on your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer failed to resolve your paper feed issues.

Because you're also experiencing all black pages when copying and scanning, this also seems like a power or firmware failure as well with your scanning assembly.

One last thing to try would be a Firmware Update on your printer. Please click here to access the Frimware Update website. Select the Download option on the top left. Allow the download to run. Once the download is complete follow through with the onscreen instructions to send the Firmware Update to your printer.

Once the Firmware Update is complete, please test the copy function again. Should the paper feed and black copy issues persist, I would suggest that you contact our Technical Support queue by phone to explore additional options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

BenHRVA Tutor
Tutor
8 3 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, X-23.

Unfortunately, the solution didn't work. I've ordered some rubber rejuvenator and that's going to be my last resort. Thanks for trying!

BenHRVA Tutor
Tutor
8 3 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem: SOLVED!!!!!!!!

The creasing was due to a sheet that was wrapped around what I think is the fuser roller, which is only accessible through the holes in the grey metal cover. It took about 30 minutes with tweezers, but I got it cleared and have been printing crease-free pages ever since.

Shout out to X-23 for kindly helping me look for solutions.

Everybody, don't forget to look there if you ever have this issue.

THis is a great way to end the year!!!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation