cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BenHRVA Tutor
Tutor
8 3 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CM1415 fnw scanning/copying problem

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I just replaced the scanning bulb mechanism, and my scans and copies look just like they did before; black with vertical stripes. Before and after I restored my factory settings. Even with the machine plugged directly into a wall outlet. See below. I plugged in the FFW (FFC?) cables exactly the way they were in the old one. Here are my questions:

1. Assuming the new scanning bulb mechanism is functional, is this some kind of internal error that means I should get a new printer?

2. Is there anything else anybody can think of?

Thanks!

Here's the scan (duh, right?):

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 2.59.07 PM.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
18,335 17,101 1,039 2,612
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BenHRVA ,

I see that you are still having issues with copying and scanning, even after replacing the scanner bulb. I would like to help you.

I would run a firmware update on the printer to see if that will resolve the issue.
The firmware updates are only available for a older Mac or a Windows computer though.

Try and make a copy.

I will send you a Private Message with another step to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
BenHRVA Tutor
Tutor
8 3 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Gemini, but I did a firmware update earlier to no avail. Any other ideas. The bulb isn't lighting up; that's ALL that's wrong.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,335 17,101 1,039 2,612
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information BenHRVA.

Since the bulb isn't lighting up, the printer would still have a hardware issue and need to be serviced.

I'd recommend contacting HP directly, to see if they have a replacement option for you or a trade in option.

You can call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation