cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
despenla
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CM1415fnw software will not install on XP SP3 from CD or hp.com

I have tried to install the software from CD.  WHen it launches it displays message that it is installing 3.0.3.523, then, an error message:  "A problem occurred while installing your software"  ...follow by..."Please restart your computer and run this installer again".

Of course it does not work after restarting my computer and running the installer again.

So I went to the HP web site to download the installer.

Same thing: same error both before and after a restart and re-attempt.

Downloaded the HP diagnostics. No help.  They can see the printer, but happily informs me that no software is installed.  No kidding?

HP needs to have more informative error messages, more than stating the obvious without any directions for what to do about it.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
SauravK
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CM1415fnw software will not install on XP SP3 from CD or hp.com

Hi!

u can connect the USB cable to the printer and the computer. then go to the devicemanager...under devicemanager click on view>show hidden device. u will find all the entries( viz., HPLEDM, HP FAX, HP Scan etc....) of the printer with yellow question marks on it under other devices. right click on them and then click on update driver. then browse to the location of the CD and select autorun.exe from there and then hit ok to continue....it will update the particular entry... do the same for all the entries....update them by browsing to the autorun.exe in the cd location... u may get the same error while updating the main printer entry...just ignore that and say ok on it. once this process is complete u will be able to print and scan. for scanning u can create a shortcut of the WIA scanner on the desktop..... path is

c:\windows\system32\wiaacmgr.exe.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation