cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HPearson
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

CP2025 won't print text in color

HP Recommended

After four years, my HP Color LaserJet CP2025 will no longer print text and some graphics in color.  I don't believe it is a computer issue because I have tried printing from two different machines with the same results.  All preference settings seem to be set the same.  I then restored to factory settings on the printer itself.  I printed out a configuration report and it says the Monochrome RET is set to on.  Is this the issue?  If so, how do I fix it?  If not, then someone please help me!!  I am at a small non-profit and we use this printer for all of our color printing needs. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Gatillero
Level 2
Level 2
24 24 1 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe you have tried this already,

On the Computer driver go to printing preferences, under advanced tab go to printer features and check on the option "Print all text balck" this option should be disabled.

On your configuration page: Monochrome RET is set to on, is not the issue.

Let me know if this helps

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own
0 Kudos
jim_1
Level 2
Level 2
3 3 1 4
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPearson,

Based on your message, it sounds like some of your printer's output is in color and some is in monochrome.   Is this correct or is all of your output monochrome?

Please print a supplies status report from printer's control panel/menu system.  Enter the setup menu, select reports, and then select Supplies Status page.   Please respond with the status of each of your cartridges, what is the % remaining.   Did the supplies status page contain color output?

Thanks

Jim

I work for HP, but my opinion is my own. 

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
Chazz52
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This just happened to me: try going into the System Setup, Print Quality, Restrict Color then select Enable Color. I don't know how this got set to Disable Color, but it did; setting it back to Enable Color fixed it.

Good Luck!

Chazz

0 Kudos
milhelp
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem.

I was using the HP Universal printer driver.

The fix for me was to go to Printer Properties / Device Settings tab /  scroll down and set Device Type to Color

Hope that helps.

crispybee
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked for me - THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
lindayuli
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMG - this WORKED for me!

Thank you so much!!!

@milhelp wrote:

I had the same problem.

I was using the HP Universal printer driver.

The fix for me was to go to Printer Properties / Device Settings tab /  scroll down and set Device Type to Color

Hope that helps.

Nonnie83
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A million thank yous to milhelp. This fixed my problem. No idea why or how it changed, because I used to be able to print in color.  (And now I can again!)

0 Kudos
pkhszxd
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You!  This helped me as well.  One thing extra I had to do was after going into printer properties - change properities then Device Settings and scrooll down to Device type.  I changed mine from auto to Color and it fixed it right away!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation