cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
ctsuhako
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CP3525dn Control Panel Dead

Hello:

I have a CP3525dn (out of warranty) whose Control Panel suddenly died. The unit powers up fine and the fans start and I can hear the printer running thru it's startup cycle, but the control panel remains blank. The product engine seems to be functioning properly as I can print a page by depressing the small button on the back of the unit. I as assuming that the Control Panel itself is the issue. Where and how can I find information on checking the Control Panel connections and/or replacng the Control Panel assembly? Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 11
Level 11
3,596 3,567 223 574
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need access to a Service Manual for the CP3525.  With the service manual you should be able to find screenshots and steps to help you open up and replace the entire control-panel assembly.

Normally only HP Certified techincians have access to those resources.  Check with your local repair shop to see if they can assist you.

Otherwise the internet may have what you are looking for if you know how to find it.  Checkout a site called feedroller.com (HP doesnt allow us to directly link Service Manuals anymore).   

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,002
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Odds are the formatter has an issue. The best way to test is to connect the usb cable from the printer to a computer that did not have this printer connected. See if it says found new hardware and loads the printer. If it does not then the formatter is the issue. If it finds the printer and loads the driver, then you should be able to print to the unit. If you can then yes the control panel is the issue. Just about everyone I have seen in this series with this problem it has been the formatter.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation