Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sanders1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CP5225 Error 79

Service Error 79, when trying to print. Printer will power cycle again and again.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 6655 119 418
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CP5225 Error 79

@Sanders1 

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
samabous Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CP5225 Error 79

I get the same issue with a cp1525nw.  Please let me know if ther is a solution.

I have never had dimm installed on this device and this is the first time having an issue.

Thank You,

SAM

0 Kudos
MEPconfused Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CP5225 Error 79

My printer is power cycling and giving a "79 Service Error - Turn off and on". Please help.

Update:

I pulled out all the toners and reinstalled them. That seemed to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
sgorritz Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CP5225 Error 79

I was getting the same error on our HP C5225.  The culprit was a free font!  I printed another file and it printed perfectly. The bad font appeared fine on screen, but the printer freaked out.  Outlined the font in InDesign and it printed normally with no errors.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation