Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
David 3D Scanner 2.0
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Recently installed and set up the David SLS-2 3D scanner. Software is Pro v5.0.7.

We can not get it to calibrate.

Our error is:

"Projection calibration failed, could not find a valid mapping between measured points and model parameters"

Sine waves fit between the blue lines; 6 major reference circles are visible.

Exposure under camera control is not red.

Looked through the setup documentation.

We're going insane.

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

DAVID SLS-2 with DAVID5, The SKU is 911005-001

HP Recommended

Are you trying to calibrate 1 cam or 2 cam system?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended
1 camera
HP Recommended

Can you post any screenshot ?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Setup_3.JPGFail_3.JPGIMG_1221.JPG

HP Recommended

Your setup looks OK. I do not have too much expirience with the DAVID 5 and SLS-2. What would I suggest is that you rotate the calibration panel towards projector (for 5 to 10 degrees) and recalibrate, if it´s not working then rotate more (5 to 10 degrees). Try to rotate in both directions (towards projector and towards cam) until you find right position.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just a thought:

Make sure the speed of acquisition is correct and not too fast.

Advanced settings -> Acquisition -> 

make sure Maxpatternholdingtime is high to begin with. Default is 1000-

If David is unable to capture correctly the images, there is no warning except the failed calibration.

Are you able to calibrate with David 4 ?

Jeff

HP Recommended

I tried all of the suggestions and a few combinations of them without success.

• Maxpatternholdingtime increased from 1000 to 1100
  • David 4 successfully showed the green x marks (not able to obtain in David 5)
  • Rotating the calibration panel towards the projector and then toward the camera, trying to calbrate after each rotation
HP Recommended

Let's keep trying:

1) In Advanced settings, unselect:

Calibration -> OptimizeMultiCameracalibration

2) Place the central vertical line of the calibration panel in the center of the camera view.

Is this a positive calibration panel ?

Jeff

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.