Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (3,555 Views)

Can I connect wirelessly? photosmart premium c309

Hey everyone.  I have a photosmart premium c309.  I usually dont have any troubles having my laptop connect to printer but I was wondering if I could have my PC print wirelessly as well.  My PC Win XP is connect to my router via an ethernet cable with wireless networking on the PC turned off.  I have had a lot of trouble in the past connecting my PC to the printer without doing it directly with USB.  However, now the printer is in another room and I would like to pring wirlessly.  Any help would be great thanks.  And yes my printer is connected to my wifi sucessfully.

-Dave

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (3,496 Views)

Re: Can I connect wirelessly? photosmart premium c309

If your printer is already connected to your router wirelessly (wireless blue light should be steady)...

Here's what you can do:

insert the HP printer CD, select add a device- select wireless as the method of connection

follow the steps as prompted .

By the way, is the computer wireless capable or is it still connected via ethernet to your router?

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (3,493 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi thanks,

The computer is still connected to the router via ethernet, wireless is disabled.  I don't have my CD with me is there somewhere on HP's site I can download the software required or do I have to get to the CD mailed to me?

-Dave

PhD Student
Message 4 of 4 (3,484 Views)

Software is free at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3737195&lc=en&cc=au&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=au
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation